Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Block #2: "Big Round"

Today's block is also from Jan Eaton's '200 Crochet Blocks...'.






#173: "Big Round"

I like this block because it is a circle within a square. I really have to count this out as I work it, as I quite often get the amount of clusters* in the center wrong. Mostly I end up working 13 clusters, or sometimes 15 by the outside ring of clusters. These blocks often become coasters around house, home & the office.

This looks rather nautical to me this evening. I think it is because it reminds me of the sea, particularly off the coast of Perth, Western Australia.

* Cluster = made from 4 treble stitches, worked by keeping the second stitch, consisting of two loops, on the hook, and moving onto the next treble, until the 4th treble, when you draw all the loops through as the final stitch.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment