Saturday, January 7, 2012

Block #5: "Daisy Chain"

From Eaton's "200 Crochet Blocks..."






#161: "Daisy Chain"

One of the blocks at the far end of the book, where 4 different colour choices are shown.

It seems this week is about circles in the middle of squares, with a bit of lace thrown in!

Have to admit that they are a favoured block. I like constructing the squares around the circles. I'm poorer at a more straight across worked square, and absolutely terrible at a diagonally worked square. I've never managed to get one right!

I also quite like to work clusters, which you can see in the centre of the "daisy" in this square. These clusters are different from the "Big Round" block I showed earlier in the week: these are only made with three treble stitches, not four.

No comments:

Post a Comment