Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A project!! Hosted by Spotlight on Facebook!

Over on the Spotlight Facebook page, they're about to launch what amounts to a Crochet-along!!

And just LOOK at the project!!






What a great one! And it's made up out of 25 individual SQUARES!! I can think of nothing better than to do this project on the blog :)

This is what they said about it:

"We are delighted to bring you a project that will make you smile whilst crocheting for the next 25 weeks and for many years to come. It combines different crochet stitches to make a gorgeous looking blanket, perfect for the bedroom or as a decorative piece for your living room. Join our journey on the Block of the week and let us know how your masterpiece is coming along. First block will be available this Friday."

So, every Friday, they're putting up a new square on their Facebook page and I'll come on here & link to it. Then a few days later, I'll pop up my individual square!

I am SO EXCITED!! Now, to figure out if I'm going to use some Patons Big Baby yarn that I already have, or whether I need to go get some more - maybe from Spotlight!

5 comments:

  1. I'm in. You may have to help me along. What yarn do we use and what size hook?? :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maz, YAY! Excellent :) I'm waiting to see if Spotlight puts up the gauge & hook before Friday. If not, they might post it up on Friday with the square. If not... well, we'll just have to decide. I'm quite partial to my 4mm or 4.5mm hook at the moment, and a 4mm or 3.5mm-3.75mm works well with a cheap yarn like Paton's Big Baby, where you get like 400mtrs for $5 or so. It's a thinner yarn though. I hope they're going to put up how much we're going to need for the project. Might be a trip to Spotlight on Friday/Saturday!!

      Delete
  2. I may be in if I can get my stuff together in time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have decided that I am going to do this project in 100% cotton. Not happy with the wool. Changed all my yarn today so starting from scratch!!

    ReplyDelete