Saturday, May 12, 2012

Block #52: Granny in the Middle #1

From Eaton's 200...


Block #117: Granny in the Middle.

Jan Eaton shows four different colour combinations for this block, so I'll be doing this block at least another 3 times this month. It's a block I did when I first got "200 Crochet Blocks..." out of the library 5 years ago. Whilst it's not a favourite, I still like it. It works terrifically well as a coaster, as the granny in the middle of loose enough to absorb any drips & drops from your cups, and the denser outer border keeps the coaster stable.

I do seem to add an extra stitch or two where it joins in the rounds, as you can see in the right-hand bottom corner (it's misshapen) so I need to work on that. Even joining rows in different spots might help.

I do NOT however like the colour combination I used for this. I'll be using the same colours, but in a really different pattern. This looks too wishy washy. Although, it reminds me of a day at the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment