Monday, June 4, 2012

Block #62: Marigold

From Jan Eaton's 200 Crochet Blocks...


Block #209: Marigold (first version)

Well this was a surprise. I was halfway through the cream border around the flower when I began to think the pattern was a bit familiar. And sure enough, it's very similar to Block 13 of the Krista Spot-Sampler rug! I haven't actually gotten to week 13's square yet, which is why it took me until I'd just about finished it before I realised how similar it was. Check out Kim's version:


Are you can see, it's missing one of the dc border rounds, and the middle flower has a centre, is one round of petals less, and the flowers are made up out of 6 petals, not 8.

But anyway, the cream border around the flower is the same, which is what made me think "Hmmm.

Not too bad a square to work up actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment