Monday, December 31, 2012

Round Up on 2012

Well, here we are: 31 December 2012. It was exactly a year ago that I decided to embark on the blogging madness of this year. It's not that I haven't blogged before: in fact I've been blogging on and off for 10 years now. But this year was the year I was aiming to:

+ Blog Every Single Day, and
+ Work up every block in Jan Eaton's 200 Crochet Blocks book, and
+ Learn to Finish Projects.

Nuts. Both of the first two are nuts! Well they are if you're also working full time & studying part time!!

This will be my 230th blog post on this blog for the year, which out of 366 days isn't too shabby. I really gave up the ghost once I'd admitted I wasn't going to be able to keep up the every day posting sometime in mid-August, and that's also when my course really took off. However, I did end up having my work hours pared back, so I could have gotten back on the horse. But I didn't. I am however really super happy with my blogging efforts this year.

And LOOK at what I made!!



I am even MORE happy with my crafting efforts! I managed to finish projects!  Just look at all those completed items up there!! It's such a happy collage :)  I am SO HAPPY to say that! I finished my friends' Celebration Blanket, which was one of the aims that I listed on the first blog post ever.



Isn't it beautiful! The recipient was VeryHappy with it, and I think her beautiful daughter loves it even more :) (Last I saw it was being used as not only a rug, but as a cape! Excellent Work Eve! Because it could be a MAGICAL cape!)

I also learned how to make Amigurumi! I started off with cute little monsters!


And my big project was a beautiful Bunny for my nephew. George The Bunny is Much Much loved, and as I hoped it would be, he is carried around by his ears :)


2012 has been a terrific year of growth in my craft. I have learned many new things and thanks to the Krista Crochet-Along project, I've made new friends.

My big end-of-year surprise was beginning my own business! LizzieBee: Handmade (over on Facebook too) is a quiet little enterprise I started up making home-made furnishings. At the moment it is only tea towels, but I am venturing into dishcloths, coasters, pot holders & napkins in the new year. It's exciting and scary and I had a induction by fire with xmas orders. I'm hoping to keep quietly at it in 2013. Watch that space!

And you, the people who have visited my blog this year. You have come here over 10,000 times, which had made me the Happiest Person! Thank you SO MUCH for visiting me this year, and please continue to visit :) I am hoping to continue making all the blocks from Jan Eaton's book, make more amigurumi's, and keep finishing projects, one square at a time.

Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment